If you downloaded HalloApp and you feel a bit adriftDon’t worry, the same thing has happened to us. Unlike other messaging and social media apps, HalloApp has its features “something hidden” so it is normal not to find them with the naked eye.
But not everything is as complicated as it seemsWell, sending messages, stickers and videos, as well as creating groups or deleting chats, is quite simple.
If you are interested in knowing how to use each of these functions and more, we recommend that you continue reading. Here we will show you several tutorials that will make you an expert in the use of HalloApp, do you plan to lose it?
How to send messages on HalloApp?
The first thing we will do is show you everything you need to know to be able to send messages correctly in HalloApp.
Being a social network with the soul of a messaging app, there are two ways to send messages: through a new chat, or from an already created chat. To show you this better, we have made two tutorials that will help you understand this system much better.
Send messages in a new chat in HalloApp
- First you have to open the HalloApp messaging appthen you will have to click on the option that says “chats”.
- Once inside Chats, you will have to click on the message icon which is located at the bottom right of the screen (in orange).
- Find the contact you want to send a message to. Once found, click on it to create a new chat.
- Click on “Write a message” so you can write the message you want to send.
- Finally, click on the button “Send” that appears at the bottom right of the screen.
Send messages in conversations already created in HalloApp
- Open HalloApp from your mobile and click on “chats” (appears in the bottom menu of the screen).
- Click on the conversation where you want to send messages.
- Click on “Write a message” to compose the message you want to send.
- As a last step, you will have to click on the button “Send” blue so that the message reaches the other person.
How to reply to a message in HalloApp?
Nor can we miss the opportunity to show you how to reply to any message you receive on HalloApp. The procedure that must be carried out is quite different from that of the rest of the messaging apps and social networks.
- Enter the conversation where you want to reply to a message. Once there, keep pressed on the message you want to reply.
- The message will be highlighted in blue and various options will appear at the top of the screen. There you will have to click on the small arrow.
- Write the message that you want to appear in the response.
- And finally, click on the blue arrow in order to reply to the message.
How to send emojis, GIFs and stickers in HalloApp?
Before we show you the tutorials that will allow you send GIFs, stickers and emojis in HalloAppit is important to clarify that the application itself does not have any of these elements, What does this mean? That you will have to have a keyboard on your mobile that has support for said content.
If the keyboard that you have installed on your mobile does not have emojis, GIFs or stickers, we recommend you download one of these keyboards for Android.
Send emojis in HalloApp
- Within the chat where you want to send emojis, you will have to click on the section that says “Write a message”.
- The keyboard of your mobile will open, there you must tap on the little emoji that appears at the bottom left of the screen (its location may vary depending on the keyboard).
- Select the emoji you want to send.
- Finally, click on the blue arrow to send the emoji.
Send stickers on HalloApp
- Within a chat in HalloApp, you will have to click on the rectangle that says “Write a message”.
- The keyboard that you have installed on your Android mobile will be displayed, there you must click on the stickers icon (usually the same on all keyboards).
- Choose the sticker you want to send.
- Click on “Send”, option displayed on your keyboard.
- And finally, hit the button again “Send” (this time in the app).
Send GIFs on HalloApp
- Enter the conversation where you want to send a GIF. Once inside the chat, you will have to click on “Write a message”.
- The keyboard of your phone will open, there you must click on the option that says “GIFs”.
- Choose the GIF you want to send.
- Finally, click on “Send” for that GIF to post to chat.
On the other hand, if your keyboard does not have many stickers, GIFs or emojis, you can download these other keyboards that we show you here. They are full of elements of that style.
How to send photos and videos on HalloApp?
In this aspect, we can see how the creators of HalloApp copied from WhatsApp (they also created this app) the way in which users send photos and videos, since it is exactly the same.
- Click on the image icon shown at the bottom right of the screen.
- Select the photos or videos you want to send.
- Once the images or videos have been selected, you must click on “Following”.
- And, finally, you will have to give the blue color option that says “Send” (top right of the screen).
How to delete a message in HalloApp?
Here they have not had any problems copying what they had done on WhatsApp at the time, since the message deletion method is exactly the same, don’t you believe us? Look at the images in the tutorial:
- Enter the conversation where you want to delete a message. Once there, you must long press on the message you want to delete.
- the same will be highlighted in blue, and a menu will also appear at the top of the screen. In this menu you will see 3 options, click on the one that has the shape of a trash can (the third option).
- A message will appear on the screen, showing three options: “Delete for me” (the message will only be removed from your chat), “Cancel” (the message will not be deleted) and “Delete for everyone” (the message will be deleted for everyone). Choose the option that you think is convenient.
How to empty a chat in HalloApp?
Before we show you what you have to do in order to empty a chat in HalloAppit is necessary to clarify that this action will delete the chat, What does this mean? That you will need to re-create a conversation with that person in order to send messages.
- Within the chat you want to empty, you will have to click on the three small vertical dots (located at the top right of the screen).
- A menu will be displayed with two options, click on “Empty chat”.
- Finally, give the option “Yes” to empty the chat (the conversation will be deleted).
How to know if someone received or read your message on HalloApp?
The system that the creators of this application implemented in HalloApp, is the same as the one that WhatsApp has, since receipt and read confirmation of a message is based on the well-known popcorn (check).
- If the message you sent has only one tick (✓), means that it has not reached the other person.
- Instead, if that message has two check marks (✓✓), means that the other person has received it correctly.
- Finally, if the sent message has two light blue check marks (✓✓), means that it has been read.
How to create a group in HalloApp?
If you want share posts with your friends or family, you will need to create groups in HalloApp. If you do not know how to make them, you will have to follow all the steps that we show you below:
- Go to the tab that says “Groups” (located at the bottom of the screen).
- Once inside Groups, you will have to click on the orange icon shown below right.
- Select the people you want to join the group.
- Having selected them correctly, you must click on “Following”.
- Give your HalloApp group a name.
- With the name already written, you must click on “Create” (top right of the screen).
- In a few seconds, HalloApp will have created the group you configured.
With nothing else to add, if you haven’t downloaded this app yetor you still don’t know what’s going on, here we explain everything about HalloApp, the new social network from the creators of WhatsApp.