Do you want to try Office spreadsheets on your mobile? So today is your lucky day, because here you will see the best methods to use Excel on Android. The most common is to work with the Microsoft program on the PC. However, having Excel on your smartphone is also possible. Find out how to do it in this article!
The best ways to use Excel on Android
In each section of the following list we are going to show you which are those apps with which you can open or create excel files with your mobile. Don’t let them pass you by, because editing your spreadsheets on Android using the listed apps is very easy!
Download the Office app and try the features of Microsoft Excel
Although there are plenty of office suites for Android, Office is one of the most popular worldwide. And it is not for less, since the package has very complete functions that keep its users hooked.
And what is the highlight of the Microsoft tool? Well, with the Office app for Android you can create Excel documents without the need to install extra apps. Do you want to know how to do it? Then follow the steps that you will see below:
- Open Microsoft Office and press the “+” button.
- In the menu that you will see on the screen, click on the Excel logo.
- At that time, the app will give you 3 options to create your file. These are:
- Digitize a table.
- Open a blank book.
- Create your document based on a predesigned template.
- Choose the option that suits you best depending on what you are going to do with the spreadsheet.
And if you want open a file that you already have saved on your mobiledo this:
- In the “Start” menu, touch the folder icon.
- Push the button “This device”.
- Then enter the place where your file is stored.
On the other hand, don’t forget that With this app you can access other Microsoft office programs, not just Excel. So having Office on mobile is also one of the best ways to use Word on Android.
Edit your charts and graphs with Microsoft Excel
There is no doubt that this is one of the best spreadsheet apps for Android. Therefore, if you want to get the most out of this type of file on your mobile, you can’t miss Excel.
For start using the app you just have to:
- Enter the tool and click on the “+” icon.
- Select which device will be where the document will be saved.
- And choose the base template which you want to use in your file.
Google Sheets: manage your spreadsheets with the best alternative to Excel on Android
Don’t like Office tools? If so, then maybe you skip Excel. In that case, we recommend download Google Sheets.
Consider that the app of the big G can easily open XLS or XLSX files. Plus, everything you do in this tool syncs with your Drive cloud. And being part of Google Workspace, the app is free and can be used by anyone with a Google account. So there is life beyond Excel!
Next you will see how to create a new document in google sheets:
- Enter the app and touch the “+” symbol.
- Then choose a pre-designed template for your fileor select the “New spreadsheet” option.
- And ready!
You can also use Excel online on Android
This way of having Excel on your mobile is quite curious, since you don’t have to download an app to try out the Microsoft tool. Instead, with this method you must enter your OneDrive account and use Excel from the browser of your smartphone. Learn how to do this with the list below:
- Open the office website and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Now click on the Excel logo.
- Then click on the icon of the 3 horizontal points (this is located in the upper right part of your screen) and turn on computer view.
- By doing this, you will see the options that allow you create and edit your files online.
Those are the best ways to use Excel on Android! Of the 4 methods that we have just shown you, which is your favorite and why? Tell us on the comments.