Rom SlimKat Moto G
After several weeks of testing with the official CyanogenMod11 for the Moto G, the rom started to give me problems and became somewhat unstable. Many times when I tried to turn on the screen, the mobile was blocked and I had no choice but to restart the terminal.
For that reason I finally decided to try the rom SlimKat Moto G and so far the result has been very satisfactory. After 10 days of intense use, I did not have the slightest problem, it always remained fast and fluid. Regarding the battery life, I can say that it is still as good or even better.
The rom includes two standard launchers, the Google Now launcher and the Nova Launcher, which are very good, but perhaps the Google launcher is too simple and does not offer all the customization possibilities that you can find in the Nova, which is why I chose the second.
- Make sure you have the latest version of recovery installed (you can read this thread for the CWM)
- Download the latest Slimkat rom for the Moto G along with Google apps.
[vc_button title=»Google Apps» target=»blank» color=»default» size=»size_large2″ href=»http://adf.ly/mDRoy»]
[vc_button title=»ROM SLIMKAT MOTO G» target=»blank» color=»default» size=»size_large2″ href=»http://adf.ly/mDSUb»]
- Restart the mobile in recovery mode
- In the recovery you have to do a full wipe ( wipe data/factory reset and in the section mounts and storage Choose format system if you have CWM)
- Flash the rom by selecting the corresponding zip that you have downloaded.
- Flash Google apps that you have also downloaded.
- Reboot and you’re ready to go!
If you want more information, I recommend reading the Official XDA Forum Thread (English)