if you have a phone Samsung you have probably seen several of their apps. One of the best known is Samsung Health, but there is another app called Upday. But, what is it and how does this application work? We tell you everything you need to know, in addition to the steps to follow to disable Upday from your phone.
In case you did not know, Upday is an app that comes installed from the factory on Samsung’s mid-range and high-end phones. Created in Germany as a service to view current news, the truth is that it is a very heavy application that consumes a large amount of resources.
So the best you can do is deactivate Samsung Update from your Galaxy phone to save battery. More, seeing how simple the whole process is. Let’s see the steps you need to follow.
How to deactivate Samsung Update
If you want to disable Upday features on your Samsung Galaxy device, all you have to do is follow these simple steps.
- First, access the Settings menu of your phone.
- Within the available options, look for Applications.
- Now, find and click on the Upday icon.
- Select Deactivate at the top left of the menu.
With this you will no longer receive any more messages through Upday. Although you still only want to disable the app alerts. In this case, you will need to use another method.
How to disable Upday alerts on Samsung?
- Enter Upday.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Go to My Profile.
- Click on Notifications.
- You will see that there are three options: “Last minute”, “Custom notifications” and “Saved notifications”. Turn off all three switches to not receive any alerts.
How to remove Upday from home screen on your Samsung?
Lastly, you may want to remove Upday from your home screen. Let’s go with the steps to follow.
- Long press on an empty space on your phone screen. A new preview mode will open where you can see how the different screens of your phone will look.
- Find the Upday app and turn off the switch at the top of the page.