Smart bracelets have become very important in recent years and Xiaomi is partly to blame. Its “Band” saga has been very successful and the Mi Band 2 was the latest culmination of the brand. Just today they have officially presented the new Xiaomi Mi Band 3 and here you can know if it is worth exchanging it for its predecessor.
Change the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 for the Mi Band 3 or not?
This comparison makes a lot of sense since the new Band 3 is not too big an evolution. Even so, it does include new functionalities and the first thing we must deal with are the advantages of the new model compared to the previous one:
- 0.78 screen with OLED technology. We can see the time with a good brightness (the Mi Band 2 was barely visible in the sun).
- In addition to the typical statistics such as steps, heart rate… the new generation improve notifications and calls. Instead of showing only the icon, it gives us all the most detailed information. We also have the weather forecast and it is more intuitive in general.
- Now we can turn off the alarm with a twist of the wrist.
- Larger capacity battery, i.e. same autonomy of almost a month.
- We have NFC to pay without even having to take out your mobile. The truth is that being compatible with Google Pay in the future would save us a lot of time.
- More variety of colors.
- water protection more effective, now we can swim without having to worry.
Broadly speaking, the new Xiaomi bracelet does the same as before but much better. Its screen seems to us to be the best innovation since it opens up a world of possibilities and on top of that it is tactile, What more could you want?
So do I change it or not?
Yes and no, that is, yes, it is progress, but we have to take into account other products of the brand. Until this bracelet “stabilize” in the market it will be a while and today we have better alternatives. Specifically, we are talking about the Amazfit Bip, one of the best smartwatches on the market that is thrown at the price.
On the other hand, if you really do not want to pay a little more, you can choose the Mi Band 3 although you must wait a few months until the price drops a little in Spain, for example. One of the things that is not looked at is the community, surely it is only in Chinese at the beginning.
The Amazfit Pace is not bad either if you do a lot of sports, I have it myself and I am delighted. Any of these three options will not disappoint you, although the Amazfit Bip is a better buy than the Mi Band 3 at least to this day, what do you think?